The DIY version uses the same firmware as the prebuilt versions.
Prebuilt Users can ignore the Firmware update mechanism at the moment , because the firmware is still the same and up to date. (22.Dec.2022)
On this Page are 2 Firmware installation guides described:
- for DIY builds which are on beta firmware (deprecated due to RC release)
- for DIY builds which are empty ( First time Installation for DIY Builds)
- Firmware Updates for Prebuilt Versions (not available yet - because we are still on RC 1.0.0)
DIY builds which are on beta firmware : (depracated)
1.1 you can use the CubeProgrammer and choose USB instead of STlink. - with following steps:
1.1.1 press the SHIFT button on ISE-NIN while powering on the device, the OLED shows "DFU mode", (note: windows users have to reboot the PC or windows can’t recognize the DFU-mode)
1.1.2 on the right upper side in CubeProg. app. choose "USB" and press "Connect"
1.1.3 it must be shown as this result...
1.1.4 then choose on left hand the functions to upload the 1.0.0_1.hex - it disconnects after programming,
1.1.5 restart ISE-NIN with shift button again and upload 22.214.171.124_hex and done..
1.1.6 ISE-NIN restarts with 1.0.0 in the OLED boot sequence.
1.1.7 go in the menu settings in ISE.NIN and proceed a "reset settings".
Don´t forget to upload the additional bank as listed above. (USBMIDI with sysexlib tool etc.)
you have to install both files, the first file can be uploaded and cube programmer disconnects with an error - normal
2. First time - Firmware Installation for DIY Builds
Instructions for Flashing
• Connect STM LINK to the Motherboard with the ribbon cable from the programmer and connect the STlink programmer with your Mac or PC
• Turn ISENIN on
• Open STM Cube Programmer or ST LINK utility (cube programmer is the latest software, but STlink utility is fine too and often better)
• Select ST-Link, select connect (which reads the ISE-NIN uC memory)
• Select erasing and programming button (in STlink utility its "program & verify)
• Browse select ISENIN 1.0.0_1.hex file from your pc/Mac. - Start programming ***
• Repeat the procedure described above and select ISENIN 1.0.0_2hex Start programming as before (program and verify)
***you don't need to restart the ISE-NIN after first programming step, in case the ST-LINK tool hangs, just reconnect the USB cable.
• Disconnect and restart ISE-NIN – its important to remove the Programmer from the ribbon cable - or the device will not start !!
Start ISE-NIN and go in the ISE-NIN Menu and perform "reset all settings", otherwise some functions doesn't work.
(do not miss to run the calibration procedure which is described in the ISE-NIN Build guide
Now install /send by USB-MIDI with a sysex tool (sysex librian or other) the above Benedek.sysex file otherwise is the Benedek bank still empty.
perform again a reset all settings and reboot the ISE-NIN after you sent the sysex file, or it can happen that bank is still empty.
there no receiving info on the synth when you send the sysex file to the synth.
Changelog: (of this page)