First RC 1.0.0 released incl. more Banks/Presets
for Installation help, please read below.
new beta including vintage presets
you need to reset preset banks and settings after uploading the new firmware in ISE-NIN.
if you still have the old beta, you have to install again both files with ST-link and you need to reset preset banks and settings after uploading the new firmware in ISE-NIN.
1.0b beta : that’s an beta version, install both files on the devices, start with 1.0b1 and install 1.0b2
In this beta are no presets available !
0.4/0.7 in current test for beta not released for customers (tested by Patrick)
Please note, there are 2 options described here
- for DIY builds which are on beta firmware
- for DIY builds which are empty ( First time Installation for DIY Builds)
for 1. for DIY builds which are on beta firmware :
1.1 you can use the CubeProgrammer and choose USB instead of STlink. - with following steps:
1.1.1 press the SHIFT button on ISE-NIN while powering on the device, the OLED shows "DFU mode", (note: windows users have to reboot the PC or windows can’t recognize the DFU-mode)
1.1.2 on the right upper side in CubeProg. app. choose "USB" and press "Connect"
1.1.3 it must be shown as this result...
1.1.4 then choose on left hand the functions to upload the 1.0.0_1.hex - it disconnects after programming,
1.1.5 restart ISE-NIN with shift button again and upload 126.96.36.199_hex and done..
1.1.6 ISE-NIN restarts with 1.0.0 in the OLED boot sequence.
1.1.7 go in the menu settings in ISE.NIN and proceed a "reset settings".
Don´t forget to upload the additional bank as listed above. (USBMIDI with sysexlib tool etc.)
you have to install both files, the first file can be uploaded and cube programmer disconnects with an error - normal
2. First time - Firmware Installation for DIY Builds
Instructions for Flashing
• Connect STM LINK to the Motherboard with the ribbon cable from the programmer and connect the STlink programmer with your Mac or PC
• Turn ISENIN on
• Open STM Cube Programmer or ST LINK utility (cube programmer is the latest software, but STlink utility is fine too and often better)
• Select ST-Link, select connect (which reads the ISE-NIN uC memory)
• Select erasing and programming button (in STlink utility its "program & verify)
• Browse select ISENIN 1.0.0_1.hex file from your pc/Mac. - Start programming ***
• Repeat the procedure described above and select ISENIN 1.0.0_2hex Start programming as before (program and verify)
***you don't need to restart the ISE-NIN after first programming step, in case the ST-LINK tool hangs, just reconnect the USB cable.
• Disconnect and restart ISE-NIN – its important to remove the Programmer from the ribbon cable - or the device will not start !!
Changelog: (of this page)